Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - weird car problem
View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2009, 01:56 PM   #26
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturban View Post
Dude nothing is going to cause a Radiator to leak but a crack or hole in the Radiator it's self. Just because you added coolent does not mean thats what caused it, it was just time to start leaking is all. As far as just leaking when it is cold well when things get hot they expand and maybe it expands enough to seal? Either way if you know for sure your leak is coming from the radiator just do yourself a huge solid and buy yourself a new one and call it a day...I guarantee if you put a new one in it wont leak and there is no bypass valves or any other crap that will cause your new one to leak.
or coolant can come out an overflow. I was just trying to make sure this didn't have some kind of funky overflow system that came out the side of the radiator. I wouldn't think so, because where it's dripping from makes the coolant go on other stuff. thanks for all the help. I will probably try to patch it from the top, since it's a pain to take the radiator out. if not, I'll replace it. thanks.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06251 seconds with 20 queries