Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Rocks And Valleys Off Road Park
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:56 PM   #20
Geezer
Team Kamikaze 4X4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My wife and I spent a lot of time researching the insurance situation last year when the other park put out that rule. We checked with several companies. From all I can see you are only kidding yourself if you think you are insured when you are wheeling off road in a park. Sure the insurance companies will take your money, but if you are involved in denting some sheet metal in an off road park there is no way those insurance companies are going to cover that. I really doubt anyone has really collected without telling lies about where and when it happened. Of course we are wheeling trail only rigs, like lots of our friends and that does make a difference when you are trying to get insurance. And heaven forbid there is a serious injury, even with a road licensed rig, in the park.............and the lawsuits start. How long before the insurance companies will did into the truth? I certainly understand anyone wanting to own and operate an off road park wanting to do all they can to lessen their liability and I don't envy their position. All I know is I can not obtain insurance for my off road only vehicle that will stand up in a lawsuit...........without dropping a ton of money.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06005 seconds with 20 queries