Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Pale horse; A TJ pile of parts
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #32
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

wow, so its that time again. Can we say rebuild? Very soon my TJ will get taken off the road, stripped naked and preped for the next round of mods, heres a sneak peak of things to come:

quick run down: 4 link front(hopefully extend front axle 2-3"), 4 link rear using poly rear brackets and their rear truss, run Genright's high tube fenders, extended length rocker guards, and rear strech corners that will be trimmed to fit 39's-42's. As im doing that im going to modify my rear frame and move my rear bumper up to just below the rear tailgate. Ill be installing a Stak Replace-a-cast D300 and a Northwest Fab black box. Axles and wheels will be gone through and cleaned up. I finally plan on getting a full roll cage built that will incorperate a rack to protect the hardtop(mini exo cage), get some nice seats and build a custom center counsol and rear storage compartment. Later this summer, money provided ill build a 5.0 I6 stroker motor and a nv3550 trans.

Things that are still in the air: what fuel tank to run. I dont like the idea of spending $900 on genrights rear tank, so once the rear suspension is in place where i want it ill have to see what my options are. I thinking one of these reworked might fit the bill

Im waiting on my fathers car to get trans work done before i tear this thing apart, and sell off parts i no longer need. Parts are starting to get ordered, so with luck work will start later this month or the beginning next.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

Last edited by Skooter_Built; April 9th, 2009 at 08:40 AM.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06159 seconds with 20 queries