Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Trailer for sale or trade. 20 ft. flatbed + dovetail *EDITED FOR THEFT*
View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2009, 07:11 AM   #13
gotsand?
sie sehen mich rollin ...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gotsand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathe View Post
Too bad you didn't buy a 10K trailer or I'd be all over that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xj_man_646 View Post
Yeah, I didn't see the need for the extra weight of the trailer. Nothing I have weighs ~8000 lbs.
FWIW and IMHO that is a suggested load limit. I know what people say about load limits and trailers but lets stop and think about it for a second...

I know that most people have hauled more than 1000lbs in a 1/2 ton truck, hell I have hauled almost 3000 lbs in a half ton truck, and a 3/4 ton truck.

I have a 20 ft car hauler that is 5 lug axles and I have hauled my 8000lb cummins on it just fine.

If you are cautious and aware that you are hauling a heavy load, you will be fine. Just have trailer brakes and controller and it will be good.

I have even hauled 8000lbs on a trailer rated for 6K with no trailer brakes. Yes I know its not the safest, but when in a pinch and you have no other choice it can be done.

I guess what I am saying is that unless you are going to push the weight limits of the trailer to the extreme (4,5,6K over) that you should be fine.
gotsand? is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08023 seconds with 20 queries