Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Thanks to those who help the cause!
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #14
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
They were quite surprised the last time we showed up there (at the office) to get rid of trash we picked up, and they did not have a dumpster their either. Though they did take the bedsprings off our hands.

This is thew most retarded thing I have heard in my life, as picking up trash is maintaining the trail - and more so then trimming back a couple branches so we don't get a scratch or whipped in the face (my opinion).

When I went with SoFO on their maintenance there was very little to do as far as maintenance. There was IIRC one tree down and just a few trees to trim back. There is no reason IMO for this NOT to happen at the same time. Especially considering we hauled out 3 trucks and a trailer FULL of trash and tires at the maintenance.

If we are there to do the work we should do the work as how many times will you get people there willing andf prepared to work for a day. Shawn, Brian, Adam and I basically had a game of it and had a blast doing it.
Maybe I can help with clarifying. When we are doing trail maintenance for the DNR, the contractual requirement is to brush the trails to the proper width, be sure there are no trees across the trails, be sure that all signs are visible, including confidence markers and stop signs and finally replace any missing signs. This is what the DNR pays us to do.

Now, common sense says that when we run across trash along the trail that we pick it up. But what Pat was saying is that isn't what the DNR is expecting us to do. That help?
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07439 seconds with 20 queries