Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Thanks to those who help the cause!
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #12
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I have adressed it in the past and was told if there is a dumpster at the local DNR office that we could deposit it there. Other than that we are on our own, becuase like you said, we are not there to pick up trash when doing ORV trail maint.
They were quite surprised the last time we showed up there (at the office) to get rid of trash we picked up, and they did not have a dumpster their either. Though they did take the bedsprings off our hands.

This is thew most retarded thing I have heard in my life, as picking up trash is maintaining the trail - and more so then trimming back a couple branches so we don't get a scratch or whipped in the face (my opinion).

When I went with SoFO on their maintenance there was very little to do as far as maintenance. There was IIRC one tree down and just a few trees to trim back. There is no reason IMO for this NOT to happen at the same time. Especially considering we hauled out 3 trucks and a trailer FULL of trash and tires at the maintenance.

If we are there to do the work we should do the work as how many times will you get people there willing andf prepared to work for a day. Shawn, Brian, Adam and I basically had a game of it and had a blast doing it.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05745 seconds with 20 queries