Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Just Empty Every Pocket - The Project - IT LIVES!!
View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #22
jbsjunk
Wheelies

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Been picking away at a lot of things. Here is as it sits today.

You can see the hood pins I have in it now, I'm not real sure on those but they work.

Here is the Lokar shift linkage for the trans.

The t-case shift linkage. Yes, it's a bit butch but it works till I figure out an alternative. You can see above the linkage where the trans shift rod goes to the stock shifter.

The engine as it sits now, mainly complete. Yes, the air cleaner clears the hood by about 3/4".

Was going to get a aftermarket electric fan, but a friend had a OE GM fan from a front driver, this pulls some mad air. You can also see the top rad mounts which incorporate the upper fan mount.

I didn't like how the battery sat in the stock tray, but didn't want to move it to the back, so I cut a small part of the inner fender and made a pocket where the battery will sit nice and out of the way of everything. This actually turned out very well.

And it doesn't intrude in the wheelwell enough to make any difference.

Got the little lift in, spacers in the front and shackles in the rear. I still want to put a small block or thick overload leaf in it to get the rear up a fuzz. I scored the front spacers for almost nothing from a guy parting out a XJ. The shackles came from Zook.

That should be it for now. The only major things left is the exhaust which I'll build, and the driveshafts.

Wacha think so far?

Last edited by jbsjunk; February 7th, 2009 at 03:31 PM.
jbsjunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09715 seconds with 20 queries