Thread: Qur'an
View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2006, 03:13 PM   #1
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default Qur'an

Well, my step-dad and I were chatting last weekend, and he asked me if I really believed that there was only one way to get to Heaven. I responded "yes".

He suddenly became very angry and said that I was very dogmatic; after all, how could I possibly be so ignorant to assume that there was only one right way to get to heaven.

He responded that his belief was that God would take you in "as long as you had a belief system". No specific thing in perticular, just a belief that there is a God.

He also said, "Have you read the Qur'an? What do they say? They say Muhammad is Lord."

I hadn't read the book myself, but I have heard that Muhammad encountered a spirit (not sure of which one exactly) in the desert, and he did not believe at first that it was truly a messenger of Allah. He was later convinced by his wife, who was very rich and helped fund the religion, that it was, in fact, a messenger of Allah...she wasn't even there.

Well, in an effort to try to know what I was talking about and not be so ignorant (as many Christians tend to be), I picked up a Qur'an.

Wow.

(Forgive me, I don't know how to quote it well)

surat Al-'Adiyat (Those That Run) C

6. "Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur'an and Prophet Muhammad) from among the people of Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikun will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures."

Surah 2. Al-Baqarah Part 1

109. "Many of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) wish that if they could turn you away as disbelievers after you have believed, out of envy from their ownselves even after the truth (that Muhammad is Allah's Messenger) has become manifest unto them. But forgive and overlook, till Allah brings His Command. Verily, Allah is able to do all things."

Wow.

I can see why there is so much hate both ways now.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04632 seconds with 11 queries