Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Full size 4x4s
Thread: Full size 4x4s
View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2005, 07:45 PM   #3
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I do not think widening every trail in the state to accomodate every vehicle is a good solution. I think that what should be done is to keep the ATV and bike trails mostly the way they are, but creat a new class of trails, "full size trails" that would be open to every size vehicles. These would not be the current "ORV routes" which are really just forest roads that they like non SOS licenced ORV's down, these would be actual trails with challenges. There are some current "ORV trails" that are allready wide enough for a truck, and there are a few (very few) ORV routes that are OK for wheeling (nothing hard core, but at least interesting in the stock vehicle), and there are many other trails that are runnable but are off limits because they would require 4 wheel drive. I think that getting an official designation like this is the only way well ever see a change.

I've given this lots of thought and plan to write up a proposal, I would then need someone to try to get it through the state legislature.
brewmenn is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04837 seconds with 20 queries