Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Dirt bike sizing...
View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #10
chris1044

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post

Is that a KTM 300 I see?? Man, I'm jealous...off topic I know, but the 09' 300 sounds like it'll kick even more ass.....

Back to the topic at hand, I put in another vote for the TTR-(L/E/whatever you want)....I just went through this with my GF, and of all the bikes we considered (all mentioned above), these were a) the cheapest on the "used" market, b) fit her good, and c) had an electric start - something that was a must for my G/F.

The only other thing I may add, is that with a two-stroke bike you've gotta "keep it on the pipe." I guess this may be different on little pingers, but I know the ones I've had (all modified, so IDK about stock), they really really really didn't care for being lugged around - which is something a beginner will probably tend to do quite a bit....I think the little 50's have an auto clutch, which makes it alright (for children that fit them - obviously too small in your case)....but something with a manual clutch will probably have a hard time with this
chris1044 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04357 seconds with 20 queries