Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Dirt bike sizing...
View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #7
Jasper_Jpr
Northwest Ohio Crawlers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The main 4 manufactures all make great bikes. I have had a couple of KX500s But seem to like Yamaha the best. I now ride a 03 WR450F and also have a TTR125LE for my daughter. I would start with a air cooled bike for a beginner. No radiators to crush if you fall over or lay it down. I started my daughter on an early water cooled YZ80 and was doing rad work allot as she was learning and having to stop her allot because she couldn't ride fast enough to keep it cool. Most of the bigger cc bikes can be lowered for smaller riders. The TTR size and style bikes are great around the farm learner type bikes but become to small and under powered very quickly when you really start to get into ridding. A TTR250 would be a good starter bike. I've seen these used pretty cheap The older bigger XRs, The KLXs, DRZs. I like the ones that already have lights. These can be made street legal easily and economically, $100.00 or less. No need to buy high dollar Dual purpose kits. If you want to spend a little more coin the Yam WR250 or Honda CRFX250 are great bikes. Check these guys out they show a few used ones and some non current new bikes. www.peacockltd.com I bought my WR from them. Trail ridding is a wonderful thing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trail.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	37021   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00598.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	37022  
Jasper_Jpr is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06287 seconds with 21 queries