Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - DNR ORV press release(open road shoulders)
View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #5
CreativeFab
used to be Ironman

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

From the chairman of the MMRC (Michigan Motorized Recreation Council)

January 22, 2009

Out the door before 8:00 am, headed for a Hearing in Montmorency county, the cell rings just a few minutes down the road. Presque Isle county passed. We now have 20 and have topped the expectations of some of my closest associates.

Meeting was bit out of normal in Montmorency, we all respected each other and had some very, very healthy discussion even with the ORV anti’s. We all are beginning to realize, we have far more in common than we do in opposition. We have to manage 400,000 users in the interest of safety, environmental protection, recreational opportunity and economic benefit.

End of the meeting, Montmorency is going to move forward and adopt with some closures. Before I leave the building, I learn of two more counties that are ready to go and an invitation to speak at another.

Walk in the door at home and the phone is ringing, a county we have been having discussions with for over two years is ready to vote. Hit the message button, another county wants someone to come up and speak.

We know of two that are going to vote at their February meeting and possibly a third adopting in February.. One more county adopts and 25% of the counties in Michigan will have a favorable ORV ordinance. Two more adopt, 50% of the 43 counties eligible for PA 240 are on board.

Things are coming along rather nicely.
CreativeFab is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08068 seconds with 20 queries