Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Dirthead 509" TJ Project
View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #61
feva4u
LCG

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I think I'll run the frame side lower link brackets where they are for now, if they hang me up alot, I'll make another set and put them flush with the bottom of the vehicle. I'll have to check my link lengths to make sure they will have enough adjustment to move them flush if need be
I have 1/4" of clearance between the inner side of the JJ and the crossmember the way they sit right now. I kept the bolt center as close to the crossmember as I could to give them a chance. I'll get some gussets on there once I cycle the suspension. Getting excited about attaching the axle to the vehicle for the first time

I'm planning on shaving the 14B but I'm not going to go the full 2" where I have to turn the ring gear, that seems excessive I had a solid axle diff cover cert that I used to get the 14b cover. It's a cast cover, I'm not sure I'll be able to use it after I shave the axle. I'm probably going to try to sell it and buy a steel one so I can modify it as necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDirt View Post
nice build btw youll be done and wheeling while im still measuring sh!t -
Thanks, but my work doesn't even hold a candle to the stuff your putting out! I'm hoping to have everything done and ready to go this spring. I'd better get moving. I've got at least a week of welding and finish work to do after I get everything put in place. I know my welding, nothing will fit after I get done with it

Last edited by feva4u; January 20th, 2009 at 08:51 AM.
feva4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08187 seconds with 20 queries