Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Lets See Your Tow Rig
View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:27 AM   #169
95geo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designated Dave View Post
I have a 2005 (lly) and I was just wondering how you guys keep your egts low enough to use that kind of power. I have a predator programmer and a 4" silverline exhaust. On the 60 hp economy tune I can heat them up in a hurry when towing.

I ran the predator for a while before any other tunes were available, it did seem to runn hotter than the othrs for the output it had. Do you still have your converter in? That could be worth 100 degrees alone. I have hit as high as 1400 before with EFI Live but that is about as hot as I could get it... if I stay below 50% throttle I can stay below 1200 pretty easily... 900 towing on flat ground at 70 and 1100 on the average grade. keep it below 1200 for most hills and try no to hit 1300 for more than a few seconds and things will be fine. That is towing with the 500rwhp tune by mcrat racing. I use the 60hp economy tune for most other towing duties... nice and mellow for good economy but it will rip when you need it to above 50% throttle. it's nice and cool too. Now that I think about it, I'll probably load that tune and run it the rest of the winter.
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05771 seconds with 20 queries