Originally Posted by Mclovin
I would get a spare solenoid for your winch.. they're around 70 bux and they're prone to going bad.. i fried mine but only because im dumb and got the controller wire tangled up into the winch cable
If they are that expensive and prone to going bad, I will try to figure out a more reliable way.
Some more pics from today... Adam convinced me to check the wheelbearings and I am kind of glad I did now, the drivers side wheel seal was shot, so tomorrow some new seals should be arriving, and I am going to replace that bearing just for peace of mind.
All that is left for now:
Replace rear u-joint (1/8" of play)
Finish installing new brake lines and bleed
install new wheel seals, grease whel bearings, and re-assemble.
Install winch and winchplate maybe.... if the winch arrives.
I should be able to air down sufficiently now. Got some different wheels from Adam and he switched the tires to them for me. These have a safety bead and I also used bead glue to help eliminate leaks when aired down. The slightly wider rims really changed the look of it (other then the rusty white paint)