Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - the '46 2A *82" of FUN*
View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2009, 02:38 PM   #251
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
I would get a spare solenoid for your winch.. they're around 70 bux and they're prone to going bad.. i fried mine but only because im dumb and got the controller wire tangled up into the winch cable
If they are that expensive and prone to going bad, I will try to figure out a more reliable way.

Some more pics from today... Adam convinced me to check the wheelbearings and I am kind of glad I did now, the drivers side wheel seal was shot, so tomorrow some new seals should be arriving, and I am going to replace that bearing just for peace of mind.

All that is left for now:

Replace rear u-joint (1/8" of play)
Finish installing new brake lines and bleed
install new wheel seals, grease whel bearings, and re-assemble.

Install winch and winchplate maybe.... if the winch arrives.

I should be able to air down sufficiently now. Got some different wheels from Adam and he switched the tires to them for me. These have a safety bead and I also used bead glue to help eliminate leaks when aired down. The slightly wider rims really changed the look of it (other then the rusty white paint)

jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05765 seconds with 20 queries