View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:10 PM   #1
bigwalton
Postal Scrambler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Wedding photos: if you had to do this...

My brother is getting married in Sept. and they're doing it all low-key. Getting married in his in-laws' back yard, family member officiating, no big shebang...

Anyway, they know I'm handy with a camera and they've asked me to take pictures at the ceremony (the only photographer!) and reception.

I'm already stressed out. I've got some good shots at other weddings, but never as the "official" photographer or anything. Both of them, and our families, appreciate good photography, so it's not like simple snapshots will be sufficient.

I have a D40x and 35-200/3.5 (IIRC, will correct later too lazy right now) and that's pretty much it. I have another zoom lens, but it's not as nice as the one I normally use.

What would you want to have to shoot a wedding outdoors? I'm thinking a real speedlight would be good incase it's overcast as opposed to the built-in, but I've never used one and would have to play with it a lot beforehand to figure out what I'm doing (of course that's assuming I can afford to swing one).

Just wanted to start thinking about things so maybe I can watch on CL locally for something if I need other equipment.... any help is appreciated.
bigwalton is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04619 seconds with 11 queries