Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - the '46 2A *82" of FUN*
View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2009, 06:26 PM   #243
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81

I have been pretty sick for a couple weeks and have not had time to do the D30 swap. Adam came over today to help me throw it under and hopefully prep for the winch that should be arriving Tuesday (and hopefully can find time to mount it for Snowfari)

Got most of it done today, but had to order brake lines and bead glue. Also need to locate a longer (not drop) pitman arm to make use of my new found turning radius.

The width is a nice match with the 2" wheel spacers on the rear. It puts the tires out just enough to protect the body.

We have to break down all my tires and transfer 3 of them to wheels that have safety beads and use bead glue on them. The 4th needs just broken down and bead glue put on, then I need to calibrate my tire deflators and put together spare parts and a tool kit to take.

Tomorrow my brake lines should be in, and we can install the new lines and bleed the system.

While underneath today Adam discovered my rear u-joint is toast, and we have to make up a new front shaft because the D30 uses a large u-joint compared to the flatties original one.

I hate last minute wrenching for a wheeling trip. Even more so when we are not positive how we are getting it there

Last edited by jeepfreak81; January 2nd, 2009 at 08:48 PM.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04708 seconds with 20 queries