Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 60 vs 44 costs (cause this is so much fun!)
View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:22 AM   #6
95geo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

good break down!

for what I have into my dana 44's in my tracker I'm certain I could have had 60's that would be trouble free instead of needing maintenance all the time.

here is the break down of my spider hi-9's for anyone who cares:

5 lug front roller kit: 2060.00
brake rotors: 420
calipers, pads and mounts: 415
steering arms: 330
drive flanges: 250
inner seals: 50
inner shafts can be anywhere from 1500 to 3500 so we'll round down to 2000
center section: 35 spline spool and nodular case from yukon or strange or someone is about $1000 or you can spend another grand and get a hi-9 which is the ultimate.

front spider hi-9 all decked out... by no means is this as much as you can spend on an axle... this is till relatively "cheap" compared to what some people are running.

$7525

the rear is about $4000 depending on how you do it.

now if I saw this price before I started my project I'd tell you you were smoking crack.... I bought one piece at a time as I had a few extra dollars here and there, sold everything I could think of and skip lunch some days and eat on $3 other days I eventually got most of the parts.... now most of you wouldnt think of skipping on lunch to afford parts and others find it common... I'm hoping that by doing this that some day i'll have a little bit of a return on this investment and I'll still be having fun while I'm at it.

nomatter what vehicle you have, you should always have good axles because they will out-live everything they are attached to!
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05598 seconds with 20 queries