Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 37 is the new 35?
View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2008, 03:34 PM   #81
95geo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I would rather drive the vehicle however it's needed to make the challenge if a precise aproach doesnt do it and not have to worry or back down if I know I can make it but I'll have to be hard on it.
on a similar note;
I have seen more times than I can remember where someone can easily make the challenge but they just dont put forth the effort whether it's by pushing it or not.... it's almost like people are afraid of what their vehicle can do if they use some techniques to make progress. I think the people above (in general, not as a whole) are the ones that can make axles live longer than the average wheeler.

and back on-topic.... I think the general idea of 60's being required for the albicore trails comes from the fact that if you have 60's it usually doesnt matter what kind of driver you are, you arent going to be likely to break.... with a dana 44 and 37" tires there is a lot more uncertainty to the strength of the axles and also takes out the factor if the driver knows how to drive a vehicle with fragile axles or not.

theres some more fuel for the fire!
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04447 seconds with 20 queries