Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 37 is the new 35?
View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM   #80
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post

I know many of you have sarcasm for someone who has, and uses horsepower. You also feel you have more finesse that someone with horsepower. Well, I guess that's your perogative to have the opinion that someone with horsepower doesn't use finesse. I disagree. Sure, there are those that are hammer down guys. I would like to believe that I don't fall into that catagory. But here's where I see the difference. You and I may both try to finesse an obstacle. When you give up, you pull cable or back out. When I give up, I try my horsepower. Does it always work? NOPE, not at all. But sometimes it does. And, then there are those times where you won't even attempt an obstacle (such as a steep sand hill) because you know you can't make it. I have never had criticizm for those who choose to run a 4 or 6 cylinder. It's a personal choice. I think it's insulting to generally catagorize a person with a V8 as an unsafe idiot.

I wasn't having sarcasm for someone that has and used HP. I have a V8 in my YJ and doubled the HP in the flatty with the V6... I still will pull cable or take a strap before I ever hammer down (unless it is obvious that a little more skinny pedal will probably do it). I'd rather not risk a break that may delay the group or the amount of wheeling I get to do that day/that weekend. I like a challenge but I hate equipment failure more if it could be avoided by an extra 5 minutes pulling cable or taking a strap.

Part of that goes to the fact I don't have a tow rig and drive my stuff to and from the trails (the flatty gets towed if Adam is willing)
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05004 seconds with 20 queries