Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 37 is the new 35?
View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #65
Pre4runner
Bike Dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Pre4runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrillB2 View Post
some are axle shaft cursed and others have the "gift" for axle shaft survival. I am one of the cursed ones, but i wheel with several others that are "Gifted" lol
I was one of those gifted people for sure. I ran my d30 on 36's for 2 years and had great luck with the shafts. I only broke one and that was in a parking lot snow bank. I also ran the 8.25 with zero problems. Anyone who has seen me knows i was not afraid to give it gas but i also know what would break it.

Like Jesus my problem was ring and pinion. And it only broke when getting really stupid. If i was making some money and not in school i would have found a 60 most likely but for now i picked up my axles cheap and will run them stock until summer comes and i'll keep an eye out for a 60. I have no plans on upgrading the d44 unless it seems to be a "gifted" axle.

For now i'm doing what is in the budget so i can just wheel. If i have to use my winch more i will. For both my 44's i will have less into them then a d60 when i'm all done.

And one more thing it was only trailered to one event.

Last edited by Pre4runner; December 16th, 2008 at 09:15 PM.
Pre4runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07435 seconds with 20 queries