View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #4
jimhri

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
One more request for assistance. I looked online for a comparison between a point and shoot and an slr by photo comparisons and I found none. Could somebody please post a picture taken with each of the same scene. I really don't have the $ to buy an slr right now, but we have a limited time to take good pictures of my 9 month-old and I want to make sure that the slr's really do take noticably better pictures. Thanks.
recently had conversations with several camera stores about comparing a 50~200 zoom lense for a SLR with a 12x optical zoom on a point and shoot digital. came away with 2 consistant threads......

1) hard to compare zoom lense with optical magnification because of angle of view, etc. however, the SLR zoom lense generally has better optics for purposes of detail. on the point and shoot, optical zoom refers to magnifying the image like in a telescope while digital zoom refers to making the pixels bigger which actually blurs the details. also, go the the camera store and ask about the difference between macro and zoom.

2) you only need 3 mega pixels if your not going to enlarge beyond 8 1/2 x 11.

so, if you wanna starter kit you may want to think about the cheapest point and shoot to play with to see if you're really gonna like it.
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03971 seconds with 11 queries