View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #11
HOTRODTHOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epike7915 View Post
It all depends on what your long term goals are. If you plan to run tires bigger then 32" tall and plan to upgrade to toy or d44 axles & do "mostly" trail duty with it then I would definately go with a Tracker. The biggest reason is powerplant, fuel injection, and being newer. also keep in mind the 99 & newer Tracker/Vitaras are coming way down in price too. And like a few said above you can wheel/daily drive a Tracker pretty comfortably with a few add-ons until you gather up your axles and suspension bits to do a solid axle swap. If I had to do it over again I would have saved quite a bit of money starting out with a Tracker. I recently bought a '00 4dr. Tracker with a 2.0 & a stick for daily driving use with the idea to one day do a solid axle swap to it when my oldest son is ready for his own rig.
well i bought a '92 tracker in the beginning of summer. 2" lift, 235 a/t's, header and cold air intake. this 4x4 will go almost anywhere, quite capable. i am very impressed with it. i ran it on the dunes about two dozen times and beat the snot out of it and didnt have one part fail!
HOTRODTHOM is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05375 seconds with 11 queries