View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #8
jeepinRRT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i had a 97 tj auto 4.0 i sold for a fuel efficient 05 SAAB 93. If i would have done the math i never would have sold it because i only saved about $1200 a year by doubling my fuel economy from 15-16 with the jeep to 29-30 (both combined driving) with the saab. actually take the time to calculate how many miles you drive and the actual savings over a year, prob not as great as you thought (I was dissapointed, no, pissed i got rid of my jeep for $1200 a year, not to mention the intangibles you noted). But you live and you learn ( i should have done the math before i got all hot and heavy in MPG. Now i am selling the car and have another jeep. when it comes down to it unless your driving a lot more than average it will take years to see any significant savings. especially if you have to spend money to get into something more fuel efficient. KEEP THE JEEP

EDIT: jsut get the 4.0 stick you only save about 600 bucks per year MAX vs the 2.5 at $3.5 per gal and getting 17 mpg with teh 4.0 vs 22 mpg with 2.5 ( i did the math based on 250 miles weekly for a buddy who wanted a 4 banger for MPG, not worth it in my opinion)

Last edited by jeepinRRT; November 16th, 2008 at 03:32 AM.
jeepinRRT is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04517 seconds with 11 queries