Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - What are you thoughts about southern wheeling?
View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #1
brimy311
Smells like a Fork Liftis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to brimy311
Default What are you thoughts about southern wheeling?

I have talked to alot of people here at the shop about wheeling parks down south. Most of them have told me that they are affraid of getting into trails that are too hard and wrecking their Jeeps or getting physical harm to themselves. Alot of these people also treat the Badlands with the same regards.

At every park I have wheeled (Badlands, Flat Nasty, Windrock, Tellico, and Harlan) all have about 5x as many intermediate trails then hardcore trails. None of the trails in any of those parks just turn into gnarly trails that are impossible. A jeep on 33's with open diffs could run most of tellico and on stuff you have problems with, alot have bypasses or easy places to winch.

Everytime we go down south, I have more and more fun. The first time running in the Mountains of Tellico, I was in awe of the scernery. People talk about 200' drop offs here and 300' drop off there, but I have never felt that my life was in harms way while wheeling on trails in higher altitude. I wish I would have had a less capable wheeler for Tellico, as most of the trails were intermidate.

I just am getting tired of listening to everyone say they are scared of these trails. You are really missing out on great views, fun trails and really enjoying long trail rides. If your affraid that if you go, you might feel embarrassed for not finishing something, get OVER IT! I have come upon alot of trails that I have not tried, or didn't finish. I would hate to see people never take a trip south because of their misconceptions of what the trails are really like!

Alot of these trails may close in the future ahead, So go and run them while you still can! Trust me, you won't regret it!

Rosie out.

Page generated in 0.06216 seconds with 20 queries