Well, I've never posted any of my upgrades before, but a few others have asked me to share my experience with this one. So here it goes... so far.
97 TJ bought quite a few years ago with 80 something thou on it. It had 31's and a 2" BB. I've done alot of mild upgrades over time from the original form. Currently has 35"s, 4" short arm lift with all adjustable control arms, 1 ton steering, RE heavy track bars, anti-rock, cat back, header, 8.8 and HP 44 w/ high steer waiting to go in it. yada yada. K, not really, it's all slowly disappearing as I sell it off for the next stages.
Well, it's always a never ending project because it's never good enough. So... now it has no drivetrain in it.
Current future plans:
- 97 318 magnum from a Dodge ram (temporary).
- 97 360 to rebuild properly ( maybe 408 stroker).
- 97 Dodge dakota 5-speed NV3500 ( temporary untill 360 is done, then nv4500)
- rebuilt stock 321J with a HD chain kit, 6 pinion 241 planet and JE SS SYE. (maybe stak in future)
- Dana 60's maybe update 11/17/08: (Got them)
- TNT long arm kit with dual tri rear. Update: nope, going custom home made
- 38"s maybe (probably 40's now) update: 39"s or 42"s (Looking for some for 16.5" wheel)
- cage eventually
- some stretch maybe, not sure what yet. Update: now for sure. Still not sure how much.
H1 8 bolts, recentered, fully functional: Got them! Getting rock rings and trimming down the mag inserts.
Debating on putting fuel cell in back of tub or recessing it? Maybe just getting a koz or ???
First is the v8 install. Been researching and collecting parts for this for awhile.
Some sites for reference off the top of my head for those interested in doing this.
K, that's enough for now. I'm sure you can Google around for more info if needed.
Anyway, my jeep is currently gutted of it's drivetrain and has the Advanced Adapters magnum motor mounts burned in as of Sunday. Freshly painted and ready for the new powerplant.
Here is some pics.
first upgraded stage, 33"s and 2"bb:
current form, 35"s and 4" short arm.
Now in progress:
This is a super hard part to find. Chrysler stopped making them, dealers don't stock them and junk yards don't keep them around. Good luck if you have to find one.
More pics later. That's all I have on hand right now.