Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Why not Independent?
View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:26 AM   #1
84Scrambler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default Why not Independent?

It boils down to the fact that either way we are screwed. No matter who wins the election this year, we are screwed. Barack will spend us down a river. McCain will pour trillions into fighting a war with someone, anyone. So, it really doesn't matter who wins. So, with that in mind, why don't we all vote for third party candidates. I don't care which one. Just don't vote for either major candidate. The electoral college will elect whoever is supposed to win anyway. It would just be nice to prove that an independent candidate could have a shot. If no one starts to support the third party folks, they will never gain any media coverage. It will take years for them to gain widespread support, but it has to start somewhere. I was dead set on voting for McCain, because I felt that a vote for the Libertarian candidate would just be a vote for Barack. At this point, I don't care. If you truly want your vote to count for something, skip the Democrats and Republicans and vote for an independent. I don't care if it is Nader even. Just show that there is real support out here in the US for a change in the major political arena. This is the year. No matter who wins the economy is going to suck. Jobs are going to go away. The US dollar is going to become even more worthless. Go to the polls and do something different. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insane. If we continue to vote for the 2 schleps they put in front of us to chose from, nothing will ever change.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04581 seconds with 20 queries