Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Calling all Christian apologists! help me on this one...
View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2008, 06:48 AM   #6
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87'YJ View Post
Haha, if this is going to be the extent of your desire to have a discussion about this, this will be my last response to your posts. IN THE CONTEXT of the time, it certainly can. There is still a big debate among many Christians about women's roles in leadership, because there were women leaders in the Bible, but not in church leadership.

Also "church" was a different setup then than it is now. Its all a cultural thing, very different times when certain things were not acceptable and didnt make sense (at a time when women sat seperated from the men in in church in the Hebrew religion).
well, then if it was just added because at the time women weren't educated is it still the "infallible divine word of god"? which parts are and which parts aren't?

also, could we add that "in the context of the times" to other things? like not eating shellfish? or being gay?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04876 seconds with 20 queries