Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Calling all Christian apologists! help me on this one...
View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2008, 12:35 AM   #2
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I Corinthians 14: 35-36

How am I taking it out of context?

thanks.
Thats an easy one man. If you research the times that this was written, women were uneducated. None of them could read, write, etc. And most of them knew nothing about the written Hebrew law/rules. The men in that culture were the head of the household, religion, life, etc. Similar to the arab world today.

When Christianity came around, women were encouraged to learn (which was a radical change for the times), but were still discouraged from speaking or teaching because of the lack of education. They did not want women to teach incorrectly (although men were also warned about teaching incorrectly). However, if you look at the new testament, you will see that women were involved and even in roles of minor leadership in the religion, which like I said was radical for the time. Even in the Old Testament there were women prophets and women who were used by God to influence leaders. The Bible is certainly not sexist.

The Bible continually says that the man is the head of the household and the church. This is in line with all that.

Last edited by 87'YJ; October 21st, 2008 at 12:39 AM.
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06407 seconds with 20 queries