Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - That greasy feeling...
View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #13
deuce228
Redneck Poser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
I think it's a great idea for alternative fuel. It's just another thing to add on the to do list though, and it's difficult to have the room to handle all of the equipment.

I would go with the simplest system with everything else. I'm assuming a siphon pump would be simpler than a centrifugal system. I would use the most cost effective filter, because obviously a better filter will cost more money.

I'd use plastic drum, then you won't have to worry about rust. Not sure about the tank wrap.

Depending on how you refine it you may actually have to still use diesel fuel to start the engine, and then switch to the biodiesel, and make sure you switch back before shutting off. This may be with straight veggie oil only, but something to check though.

Now, why are your panties in such a fucking bunch?

You've been here how long and are now starting to complain about people being dicks in serious threads? Lighten up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Well obviously you wouldn't want to go cheap on filters, but I don't think you wanting to be spending huge amounts of money on the absolute best filter out there.

I thought it was the WVO that needed to be warmed and couldn't be used when the engine was started. Biodiesel does not need this correct?
Correct, but read what you wrote above. You are talking about Biodiesel like it is WVO. Outside of a few questions on why he doesn't consider bio as an alternative, Skoots appears to have no interest in doing Bio at this time.

Skoots will be rolling around smelling of french fries and pickin up the chubby girls now
deuce228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08364 seconds with 20 queries