Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - the us auto industry.
View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2008, 08:20 AM   #20
deuce228
Redneck Poser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drg racr View Post
Talking to a lot of people lately. Most of them are all for more economical cars. But, two problems exist; first, most simply can't afford the cost of these new cars; and second, none of them are willing to trust alternative technology. Everyone I've talked to said that they will stick with the combustion engine, and not buy battery-powered cars. The industry has tried for years to sell battery tech to the public, only to be rejected every time.
I have had people say that they would consider alternative fuels like Ethanol or CNG. They've been around long enough that people can trust these fuels. I'm starting to research the possibility of converting one of my vehicles to CNG. I just want to see if it'll work. My dad used to drive Propane-powered Checker Marathons when he worked for Checker Motors in the 80's. I don't see why CNG wouldn't work as well.
These are just the ramblings of a total lunitic and should be taken as fact. :)
Honda offers (or is about to offer) a CNG car. Also has a fill station you can install in your garage to fill your car.
deuce228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.92366 seconds with 20 queries