Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Brake controller and brake wiring questions
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #1
xj4life

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default Brake controller and brake wiring questions

1)How do I wire the brakes on my trailer? Previous owner put mobile home axles on the trailer. Brakes were bad and the local trailer shop wanted to much money to repair them. They were afraid of them locking up on me so they cut the wires. Last was last summer and I just got in some new 6K axles with new electric brakes. Can anyone explain how to wire them up?

2) Setting up the brake controller. Previous owner of the truck had a TAP Brake Master controller installed. I know nothing about it and very little about controllers in general. The only adjustments I see are a slide for time on the side, slide for power on the top, and a spring loaded slide in the front. What do I need to do to set it up properly for the load I'm carrying?
This is my Jeep. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Jeep is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My Jeep, without me, is useless. Without my Jeep, I am useless.
xj4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04580 seconds with 20 queries