Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - O.S.T.C. Wants to thank everyone who came out in the rain for the jeep jamboree!
View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2008, 07:03 PM   #19
NightKrawler
Carnage Canyon

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I'm not trying to push the point, but I think a lot of here thought the last 3 really big trail rides were meant to raise interest in the wheeling community, and to raise funds for you. We (as wheelers) spent a fair amount of time and money at your park, bringing up friends that hadn't even heard of OSTC...

We were hoping that that money raised during the last 3 runs would be used to improve the terrain of the park... building trails, importing larger rocks for very cheap resources in Michigan (Alpena for one). We really haven't seen a whole lot of improvements though. Some rocks were placed in a small ravine and others on the side of a sand hill, but nothing enough to have customers drive 2.5 hours @ $4.00/gal from metro Detroit.

Without improvements, I'm honestly not sure how many people would return. I think you have a great piece of land, and an awesome opportunity.

You even have "experts" from here that are point blank telling you what they would want done with the property to grow interest in the park, but none of it has been done yet.

I really am looking forward to seeing more rocks at OSTC. Your general area is somewhat centralized to draw customers froma lot of Michigan regions, however, you need a reason for us to come there. There are already sand runs at St Helen and Rose City areas. We all know there is plenty of mud everywhere you go. What the region needs is a nice trail system with rocks and elevation changes. You have the elevation changes, you just need the rocks.
I absolutely agree with BONES!!!
l---L 0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) .......

Page generated in 0.09110 seconds with 20 queries