Originally Posted by MuddyPaws
Yea, it hs a shaft that runs up through the frame. I saw that thing a few years ago at the detroit auto show.
The New Jeep® Rubicon™ Sport AWD Mountain Bikes make all season riding a true reality. Wet, icy and snowy conditions are no longer the obstacle they once were. All Wheel Drive gives you the security and confidence to tackle new trails and conditions.
Below are components unique to the new Jeep® Rubicon™ AWD Mountain Bike.
• Standard chain driven rear wheel
• Internal, rigid drive shaft front wheel drive
• Instantaneous power transfer to front wheel
• Full steering radius allowing power transfer through the bicycle headtube
• Engagement clutch for "shift-on-the-fly" AWD option
• Spiral cut gears for smooth power transmission
• "Posi-traction" under-driven front wheel (eliminates front wheel“chatter”)
Proven Performance Advantages
• Dramatically improved control for all riders
• Front wheel traction in loose terrain like, sand, snow and mud
• Improved cornering abilities climbing and descending
• Improved traction while climbing
It uses a R&P style drive for the front wheel. It seems like a little overkill for a $1500 bike.