View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:19 AM   #9
PavementPounder
I am the law.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
I must have gotten grandfathered in or something over there since I have been there since just after that board started. I have never paid, yet I have a 50 PM limit and avatar and signature... it says a free member is a 5 pm limit
Yes, they were running a special membership drive just before they put the hurt on. I got in at $100 for the Lifetime Membership, which jumped up to $150 after the special was over.

You'd think that the high restrictions and horrible tech would drive people away, but nooooo..... Many people just pony up for the Annual Membership. I'll be blunt - the functionality and lack of restrictions is nice.

The addition of the Search Function in PM's is nice, but it took over a year to get it after some kind of search/sort was requested. We still have a 7-second post time limit (and IIRC a PM time limit) which I just don't understand. Doesn't matter if its one second or thirty seconds - I don't see the point in restricting Subscribers with an anti-spam provision. Other sites seem to have it set up as a group permission for subscribers which automatically goes into effect when you pay. That doesn't make it look like its an issue of being labor-intensive to remove the restriction from each paying individual.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04292 seconds with 11 queries