Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Gas or dizzle
Thread: Gas or dizzle
View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #41
smasheromalley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04PSD View Post
Good looking truck! Now how about a 10" lift and some 40's?

Seriously, any plans for modifications to it?
Well originally I said I wasnt going to... but........
Lemme say that Id really like to NOT do anything to it that would affect reliability first and foremost.

Id like to look into shift improvers if there is such a thing. In typical Ford style and unlike the torqueshift, this thing needs some help with its shift program.

As was said above, in time Im considering an exhaust and a chip of some kind, tho I know nothing about whats available for this thing.

And Im really not looking for lift and tires (yet) since my camper is a slide-in, and I believe Im already going to be looking at height issues when it comes to loading it on the truck. As in this truck might be a little tall as it is.

Since putting 200 miles on it tho Im looking at needing tires, a bit of a fuel leak around the fuel filter area, and some dampness/dirt collecting at the intake plumbing boots. Once these things are taken care of Ill start looking out for light mods... stuff that the wife wont be able to identify

So far Im no thedieselstop and powerstroke.org. Anyplace else I should be looking for info?
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06485 seconds with 20 queries