Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Would you buy an '03 6.0L PSD?
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2008, 11:28 PM   #13
barry1me
Just another day

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I would buy an 03 or 04 that has 150K+ miles on it and has been trouble free, then immediately do headstuds and EGR delete.

the 6.0s need to be worked. People who daily drive them without towing are going to have turbo/EGR problems. The vanes on the turbo need to travel the full path to "clean". Daily driving won't do this. 05s and later have different software to dither the turbo on startup/shutdown to clean out the turbos.
agreed....I would buy a 03 or 04 as well as long as the oasis doesnt look to bad. Whats the worse thing that will happen to a 6.0L...head gaskets, not a big deal people change those all the time....a turbo, I can swap a turbo on a 6.0L in under a hour and a half. You can change out all 8 injectors in about 8 hours. I know the 6.0L had a bad rap sheet, but I still love them. If you learn how to tweak them, and understand there weaknesses they are a strong running engine. Not to mention the Torqshift is still my favorite trans! The best thing you can do to any 6.0L is to remove the EGR cooler.
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06283 seconds with 20 queries