Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - My pimp gun @ gunbroker
View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #9
JellyBelly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Stocker
9mm is one of the most overrated rounds out there. .40S&W is where it's at. Cool lookin gun.. not really my style but nice none the less.
9mm, .40S&W, and .45 ACP when using premium hollow point ammunition all have about the same record of halting aggressive action immediatley. They statistically all fall in the same range of "one shot stops" at around 91-95%.

I would not feel undergunned with a 9mm. It's advantage is the price of ammunition. Generally using less raw material than it's larger counterparts it will cost less to make and transport. Another distinct advantage 9mm has over the others is that our military uses it so you can buy plain old "ball" ammo for next to nothing since it's produced in such great volumes. You can afford to shoot it more, increasing your proficiency thus allowing for better shot placement.

Only hits count.

That being said, I do not own a 9mm of any kind. I want one, but I don't own one. My carry guns fire either a .40 S&W or a 10mm, sometimes even a 9x18 Makarov. I've even been known to carry a .32 from time to time. I do not feel undergunned with any of these cartridges. If forced to shoot I am certain that the bad guy will sustain life-threatening injuries and be forced to cease his attack. I am a proficient shooter under pressure.

It ain't the bullet, it's the guy flingin' it who deserves to be over/under rated.
JellyBelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06790 seconds with 20 queries