View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2008, 08:42 AM   #6
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
depends what the purpose of the added lenth would be. Is it just for loading/unloading or would the rig actually be farther back on the trailer? My concern is that a 16' trailer has the axles in a certain spot to have an even load with the rig centered on the trailer. Now you would be adding a 2' extention and possibly havin the rig 1-2' farther make, making it tongue light, which would fish tail all over.

As far as the actual "can I do it" from a fabrication standpoint... sure, just brace it and where the 2 C channels but up against each other, brace with a fish joint like this <>
Bones,
Right now, I can haul my CJ on the trailer nicely. However, it sits right near the rear of the trailer bed. The rear tiedowns are almost straight down from the axle. My thought was to extend the bed so that the tiedowns are farther back, and for loading as well. Here is a pic of the YJ on the trailer. The CJ on the trailer hooked to the Tahoe sits farther back, the rear bumper is right at the end of the trailer.

So, what is your opinion on extending the trailer?

Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04305 seconds with 11 queries