Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - New Republicans
Thread: New Republicans
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:15 PM   #6
SquirrelWJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SquirrelWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by _F_
Gas prices don't bother me much. It is out of my control. What I can control is the type of vehicle I drive, how I drive, and how many miles I drive.

I don't think the gas tax should be suspended. I think gasoline consumers should look more closely at what they drive and where they drive. Also consumers need to be cognizant of difference betwwen needs and wants when considering transportation.

Agreed. Get something more efficient, use less gas, etc... hate to say it but the economist is right. Lower the price will only increase the problem. Instead of the soccer mom who gets the biggets baddest SUV because they "feel safe in it!" over what they actually need and what's economical.

As for the "skilled" vs "unskilled" labor. Well no shit there's a gap! There should be! I'm sorry, why should those that don't have the education get paid the same as those that do? Don't tell me "some people just can't" because there are ways to get help to educate yourself, especially if you fall into a low-income bracket. If I took the time to further my abilities, I honestly should be better compensated than those who don't.
SquirrelWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06941 seconds with 20 queries