Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - true?
Thread: true?
View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #16
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post

and if that doesn't work, go talk to Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort.

why are believers so intense when it comes to non-believers, who simply choose not to believe something because of a complete lack of evidence?

I have a theory...it makes them uncomfortable with their own beliefs, to know that their are people who believe it's complete hooey. If everyone believed like they did, there wouldn't have to be any question of it + much more comforting to them.

I've said it countless times, if I have some kind of personal experience or revelation, I'll convert in a second...but even in talking to my closest "friend" about the subject, I've asked her if she has had some kind of personal experience to which she said no...she confirms it to herself because of her accomplishments, God did it. I wish she could see it was about her, not a supernatural being.

That's dead on. The jesus freaks are scared to death when they question themselves, which i'm sure they do all the time, so when strong minded people disagree with them, they try to convert you. I'm not trying to take away mister toes delusions. If I decided that mickey mouse was my lord and savior and really told myself it was true, i'd be pissed when nobody believed me!
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06560 seconds with 20 queries