Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - We have to give back and support the Common Good!!!
View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #5
WSU JK

Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
I have some questions...

Aside from the fact that organizations are almost always crappier because a percentage of your donation has to go to supporting all of the overhead instead of 100% of your funds going to where they are needed...
I don't know that I agree with... by giving to a properly managed organization, you can ensure that your donation ends up doing what you intend it to do.

Also, in my opinion, certain levels of overhead are totally justifiable within a charitable giving organization because they should be able to pay appropriate salaries to attract qualified people.

Lastly, the private foundations and non-profit organizations have a lot more clout with politicians at all levels and are more likely to have the ability to effect policy chages that would help to further their cause.

Of course, I know there are a multitude of poorly run organizations out there accepting donations just as a way to generate inflated salaries for unqualified employees.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05191 seconds with 20 queries