Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Trailer interior/exterior electrical
View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default Trailer interior/exterior electrical

Right now im in the process of redoing the car trailer i bought. I have to rewire the whole thing. I have the exterior lighting pretty much figured out(marker, running, brake, electric brakes...) so i wanna start working on the electrical for the interior.

My trailer has about a 9'x8'x4' enclosed interior compartment that i plan on converting into a little RV. On the inside I wanna run a fantastic fan(model 8000) a few small interior lights, a little TV/DVD player, stereo system, an electrical outlet or 2 for chargers, and a RV window and door. Most of the electronics ill buy from salvation army, off CL or ebay.

Power wise here is what im thinking. Get a couple of RV batterys, run them into a power inverter, then to small power distribution system. On the outside i wanna get a generator to recharge the batterys and later on get an air compressor for the trailer to run air tools & other electrical devices.

Does my plan sound safe? Any other improvements that could be made? What sould i use to diverty the electrical power comming out the invertor/generator, I want the option to be able to use either when i choose. Anyone have any experience with doing something like this, cause while i can see the plans in my head im by no mean an electrical wizard.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05853 seconds with 20 queries