Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Hey, how long the ads been at the bottom of the pages?
View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2008, 08:07 AM   #6
clarkstoncracker
lol

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker

They've been here since august 1st at 12:01am. They were smaller and down so low that you couldn't see them but last night google sent me an email with some restrictions about how far away from "content" ads could be placed and what size of ads could be at the footer. Last night I moved them up higher so you may see them now.

They'e click ads, and Myself/Daryl don't get a penny unless they're clicked on. Obviously if we were putting up ads to make money they would not be located at the bottom of every page.

Because of tax reasons, and becoming incorporated (liability protection for us) I have to come up with a valuation of the site from a 3rd party. The 3rd party informed me they need four different stat numbers to come up with a value. The server uses Awstats, we also have google analytics installed, the 3rd is google ads (bottom left ad) the fourth is adsdaq (bottom right ad).

The ads will be down there until the end of this month. The two current programs that have been in use show an almost 15% difference in traffic. The valuation company will take the four sources and average them, and that is the traffic they will use.

I know it sucks with ads, but I thought putting them all the way under wouldn't raise an issue with anybody. They will be gone soon though.

thanks

Last edited by clarkstoncracker; August 6th, 2008 at 08:11 AM.
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05430 seconds with 20 queries