Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Mortgage Bailout
View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:20 PM   #5
WSU JK

Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
With the exception of our housing values going down, I don't understand how other people will be hurt in this scenario. If you kept clean and had a mortgage you can afford and pay on it, no bad things will happen. I am one of those folks that may be upside down right now (bought in 04), but since I can afford my house payment, the only thing I am screwed by is the fact that I can't move without taking a loss. I shouldn't get govt money for that.
Along with lowered property values, the people who remain in the neighborhoods are going to be faced with dealing with other factors that are associated with lower property values such as increases in crime, higher resident turn-over, lower percentage of owner-occupied homes, increase in abstee landlords, etc...

Also, the cities and school districts that these foreclosed homes are in will experience decreases in tax revenues which will force them to cut back on city services and school spending.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05726 seconds with 20 queries