View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:30 AM   #246
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95geo View Post
4wd will be your friend. it will keep it straight and help plant it more. you can mess with the rear upper links if you think it might make a difference.

there isnt much I can say except that you have to pay attention to what you are doing and you have to predict what the truck is going to do, you cant just sit there, hold the wheel straight and nail it and expect everything to stay in control when you have paddles, a foot of suspension travel, no sway bar and 350hp. it will take some getting used to.
Thanks sonny since I'm a newbie on the dunes. Yes, you are right about the 4wd and although it's fun to run 2wd hi range, general dune cruising should be done in 4wd hi. If I have a question about the links I may call you from up there. Wish you were coming. I suspect a sway bar is going to be important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARPMACHINE View Post
Thats what I am wondering. What dia. paddle you running?

What kind of speed can you get in an 1/8 (sand drag type thing).
Paddles are 16.50 paddle tracs which are about 33" tall. I have no idea about official times & doubt I will ever find out. I enjoy racing casually but not competitively. From previous experience it's pretty competitive for the casual dune racer.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04879 seconds with 11 queries