Not a whole lot to report, but I did get alot of things done. The engine I'm going to use arrived a few weeks ago, and I started building my brackets for the alt and power steering. I actually used bungee straps to check belt alignment while I was building my brackets. Not the rubber ones, the style that looks like a rope.
Here are pics of the finished brackets.
I also got the manifolds ground down to clear the valve covers better and to look better.
Here it is ready to go.
I also picked up a set of 15x8 chrome soft 8's for later.
Here is the rad I'm going to use. It fits between the steering box and the pass frame rail, just. FYI, it's a Allstar that's 19x22".
And the shift linkage I'm going to use. I was going to make my own, but sorting out all the angles and positions made it better to just get this. It will connect to the stock floor shifter.
Pretty much all that's left after this is pull the mock up engine along with everything else and power wash the bay and get everything ready for the real engine. Then all that's left is 100+ little things to wrap up. I hope to be driving this by fall.