Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - McCain Flip-Flops
View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:01 AM   #15
3-foot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
OK. A few key Obama flip-flops & outright lies:

1) His memoir (what kind of egotist writes a memoir when he's 35 years old?) describes a moving moment in his life where he read an article (with photos) in Life magazine about a black man who tried to bleach his skin white and burned himself. He goes on about how it gave him black identity. According to a search of Life magazine, no such article or photos exist. Likewise Ebony, his second choice after being confronted.

2) In his big DNC convention speech, he describes his father as a goat-herder who went to school in a tin-roofed shack. His father worked in an office at a university in Nairobi starting at age 16. Another case of manufacturing a piece of his story to better market his image.

3) In 2003, talking to the AFL/CIO: “I happen to be a proponent of single-payer universal healthcare coverage. That’s what I’d like to see.” In January, 2008, Obama claimed in a nationally televised debate:” I never said that we should try to go ahead and get single-payer.”

4) On 7/28/2004, Barack Obama told a group of reporters in Boston that the United States had an “absolute obligation” to remain in Iraq long enough to make it a success.”The failure of the Iraqi state would be a disaster,” he said at a lunch sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor, according to an audiotape of the session. “It would dishonor the 900-plus men and women who have already died. . . . It would be a betrayal of the promise that we made to the Iraqi people, and it would be hugely destabilizing from a national security perspective.” In late winter, 2008, on the campaign trail, Obama says he wants to bring the troops home yesterday.

5) In March 2007, Obama spoke to an audience in Selma AL about the circumstances surrounding his conception. He says that he had been conceived by his parents, Barack Obama Sr. and Ann Dunham, because they had been inspired by the fervor following the “Bloody Sunday” voting rights demonstration that was commemorated March 4 1965. “There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama,” he said, “because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born. So don’t tell me I don’t have a claim on Selma, Alabama. Don’t tell me I’m not coming home to Selma, Alabama”. Obama was born in 1961, and the Selma march occurred four years later, in 1965. The New York Times reported that when the senator was asked about the discrepancy later that day, he clarified: “I meant the whole civil rights movement.” More megalomania - look, I'm literally a part of the civil rights movement...

6) Obama also told a tale about his personal tie to icons Jack and Bobby Kennedy. The Kennedy lads apparently decided to do an airlift. They would bring some young Africans over so that they could be educated and learn all about America. His grandfather heard that call and sent his son, Barack Obama, Sr., to America.The problem with that scenario is that, having been born in August 1961, the future senator was not conceived until sometime in November 1960. So, if his African grandfather heard words that “sent a shout across oceans,” inspiring him to send his son to America, it was not Democrat Jack Kennedy he heard, or his brother Bobby, it was Republican President Dwight D. Eisenhower. This "airlift" never happened.
You forgot to mention how he supported public financing in the election until he made more money then McCain and then decided to turn his back on public financing.

Oh and don't forget Nafta, The DC gun ban, gay marriage, granting immunity to telecoms, welfare reform, the faith based initative, wearing a flag pin, not turning his back on Rev. Wright, the Iraq war, single payer health care, decriminalizing pot, Iran being a threat, the cuba embargo.

.....Somebody help me, I getting tired. Here's some more.....

http://massdiscussion.blogspot.com/2...lip-flops.html
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.13880 seconds with 20 queries