Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Toyota ...cutting their own throat?
View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:53 AM   #62
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim View Post
And yet the wages of these skilled trades have been stagnant for over a decade...almost always tied in with the "non-skilled" workforce since it's s blue collar job.

4 years of trade school in ADDITION to thousands of hours working in a credible shop are required to get a Journeymans card...and yet it was an additional 3-4 years AFTER I earned my card that I felt confident I was a true professional in my field.

I know many here would find it hard to believe that someone who has no college degree has enough skills to justify $30.00+ an hour....and I'm usually LUCKY to find a shop paying $20.00 an hour.

I love NAFTA.

Should have been a fawking lawyer...
“Ford's gross average hourly earnings -- the money that actually shows up in the pay envelope -- have risen from $22.95 in 1997 to $32.38 in 2006 -- an increase of 41 percent. By comparison, all manufacturing average hourly earnings increased 31 percent” (Szczesny).

Szczesny, Joseph. (2007). UAW-Big Three: The Showdown Begins. Retrieved June 12, 2008, from http://www.autoobserver.com/2007/07/...wn-begins.html

bls.gov shows an increase in wages as well.

Maybe you're working in the wrong places...?
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07434 seconds with 20 queries