Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Silver Lake vouchers?
View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:47 AM   #15
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
curious... what the hell do you do there for 8 days? I'm bored there in an hour
ahhh..... grasshopper, there's more to life than rocks. It's called a week of vacation. A couple days of driving the coastline going to small towns like Pentwater. A couple days of hanging out in the campground and around town. Slicktrack at least 4 evenings.

We spend some time on the beach, swimming & throwing a football. We know enough people that there is always someone to hang out with and chat. We usually try to do at least one morning where we are the first on the beach and take a long walk. Don't forget the sunsets.

If you have the right group, you can have a good time playing follow the leader through the tight & twisties. I always get someone who says there are no challenges there. I guess they've never followed me.:tonka: I'll guarantee I can get you stuck.

If the weather is nice, I can spend half a Saturday watching people from the top of test hill.

In general it fits the bill of a good married vacation. Wife gets to lay in the sun, I get to use my horsepower, what guy passes up go carts & ice cream, & we always get to grill some dogs & burgers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06092 seconds with 20 queries